An International Conference on Environmental Sustainability in Air Vehicle Design and Operations of Helicopters and Airplanes
- Sponsored by AHS International's Montréal-Ottawa Chapter
- September 22-24, 2015
- Hotel Bonaventure, Montréal, Québec, Canada
Online registration is now available!
“Sustainability 2015” is the inaugural AHS conference devoted to the sustainable design of air vehicles in the vertical flight and fixed-wing aircraft industries, covering the spectrum of environment issues as they affect the air vehicle’s entire life cycle from conceptual design through manufacture, entry into service and end-of-life disposal/recycling.
As part of “Sustainability 2015” there will be an extensive technical exhibitors’ space comprising large and small-to-medium enterprises offering specialist Design for the Environment (DFE) and sustainability solutions and products. Contact the organizers for more details.
Photo Courtesy of Hotel Bonaventure
- Hotel Bonaventure, Montreal, Canada 22nd – 24th September 2015
- Make your hotel reservations through our website for special discounts
- What else is there to do in Montreal? Check out Tourisme Montréal for great attractions in the area!
- Vertical lift, fixed-wing and engine OEMs
- Aerospace industry supply chain
- Regulatory authorities
- Environmental engineering specialists
- Research institutions
- Helicopter and aircraft fleet operators
- Aviation recycling industry
The conference will include keynote speakers, panel discussions, invited technical papers and industrial exhibitions. This meeting will appeal to major airframe and engine OEMs, the aerospace industry supply chain, regulatory authorities, environmental engineering specialists, academia, research institutions, helicopter and aircraft fleet operators and the aviation recycling industry. For more information, contact the "Sustainability 2015" conference Administrative Chair.
The “Sustainability 2015” Conference Themes
- Innovative Air Vehicle Eco-design Concepts
- Eco-design Tool Developments & Life Cycle Analysis (LCA)
- Environmentally-friendly Manufacturing & Green Supply Chain
- Powerplant Advancements
- Alternate Fuels & Sustainable Operations
- Noise in the Community
Please see Conference Themes Details for more specific information.
“Spin Your Sustainability Idea” Student Challenge Competition
Do you have a game-changing idea that will shake up the helicopter and airplane industry? The AHS Sustainability 2015 Conference is inviting creative and curious minds to come up with innovative ideas that will challenge the industry. More specifically, we are looking for ideas in the area of Environmental Sustainability in Air Vehicle Design and Operations of Helicopters and Airplanes. Ideas under any of the 6 conference themes are welcome:
Do you have a proposal for a sustainability project that does not fit neatly into one of the above areas? No problem, as long as the idea is related to aviation sustainability then feel free to propose it!
With this Student Challenge Competition, we’re asking one question: How can you make a positive impact on the environment through better design, manufacture and operation of helicopters, airplanes or their engines?
Universities/students interested in entering the project must make their interest known to the conference administration team at the following email address: email@example.com.
Download the full RFP here: Sustainability 2015 Student Challenge (Revision 4 – 28th May 2015)
Papers are welcomed on all the above 6 thematic areas. Please download the Sustainability 2015 Call for Papers Rev (PDF) which includes the template for abstract submittals or download the template in Word. Abstracts are still being accepted.
Authors: Please use the template provided for the final paper submission: Template for Final Paper in MS Word
• 1st of May, 2015: Acknowledgement of acceptance of paper
• 26th of June, 2015: Final paper submission
• 16th of September, 2015: PowerPoint slides submission
• 22nd - 24th of September, 2015: "Sustainability 2015" conference in Montréal!
RegistrationOnline registration is now available!
(All fees are in US dollars)
|Registration Type||AHS Member||Non-AHS Member|
|General||USD $600||USD $700|
|Speaker/Gov't Employee||USD $550||USD $650|
|Full-time Students/Retirees||USD $300||USD $350|
Non-AHS Member rates include one year of free membership in AHS International.
A Group Rate of a 10% discount is available for organizations sending more than 5 delegates. Please contact the registrar, Kay Brackins, as this cannot be done online.
- Admittance to all technical and special sessions
- Entry to the Exhibit Hall during scheduled hours
- Tickets to luncheon(s) and access to all refreshment breaks
- Tickets to the event’s Gala Dinner (Wednesday evening) (3 Day Registrants Only! $85 for all other attendees.)
- “Sustainability 2015” Proceedings on CD-ROM (3 Day Registrants Only! $50 for all other attendees.)
Exhibit at “Sustainability 2015”
“Sustainability 2015” showcases technical exhibitors offering specialist Design for the Environment (DFE) and sustainability solutions and products as well as academic and research institutions offering environmental training and research capabilities.
Conference Hotel Accommodations
Photo Courtesy of
Hilton Bonaventure Montréal
t: 514 878 2332 ext. 4608 f : 514 878 0028
900, de La Gauchetière Ouest, Montréal, Québec H5A 1E4, Canada
A four-star hotel located opposite Montreal Central train station (with an indoor path for easy access) and above Bonaventure metro station, the Hilton Montreal Bonaventure is steps away from major attractions, the business district and public transportation convenient for all Guests.
Stroll around the 2.5 acres of landscaped mature rooftop gardens and plunge into the shimmering outdoor heated pool, open year-round. Keep fit in the 24-hour fitness center with Precor equipment.
Sip a refreshing cocktail in Le Belvedere bistro bar, nestled in the hotel lobby center. Dine in the award-winning Restaurant-jardins le Castillon overlooking the enchanting garden with waterfall and pond. Enjoy your meal on the private terrace…and more!
Updated June 4, 2015