Not a member? Join AHS International! Why be a member? Here are few good reasons:
- Leadership – AHS leads technology, safety, advocacy and other initiatives, and provides numerous forums for the interchange of ideas. We bring together industry, academia and government to tackle the toughest technical challenges in vertical flight.
- Advocacy – AHS works to affect change to benefit vertical flight research and development and create recognition of the benefits of vertical flight. Read some of our success stories!
- Vertiflite – get in-depth insight into the latest developments with the world’s leading magazine on vertical flight technology. Published bi-monthly, it is also available for Members to read online -- even new members get access to our 65 years of archives!
- The Journal – the world’s only vertical flight technical journal, The Journal of the AHS has the latest scientific findings and engineering breakthroughs.
- Interaction – you can exchange ideas with some of the 1,100 attendees at the Annual Forum or with small gatherings at your local Chapter meeting or Specialists Meetings.
- Participation – get involved with your local chapter, join one of our 21 different technical committees or help in many other ways!
- Recognition – be eligible to be recognized by your peers for outstanding contributions or nominate others through our awards program.
- Education – find out about our VFF Scholarships Award Program, 24 Hour Hover Challenge, Micro Air Vehicle Student Challenge and Student Design Competition
- Discounts – save hundreds of dollars a year in discounts on AHS conferences, proceedings and publications. Check out the AHS Online Store/Vertical Flight Library!
- Online features – find contact information for other AHS members. Log in to check out our exclusive Members Only content, like free online copies of Vertiflite magazine!
- Paper of the Month – selected from papers in past proceedings of the Annual Forum & Technology Display and Specialists' Meetings, the complimentary Paper of the Month is published on the AHS Online Store and is available free to members.
AHS members cover the entire spectrum of the international rotorcraft industry including representatives from government, military, civil operators, engineers, scientists, management, and academia.
- Join AHS or renew your membership!
- Become recognized as a Lifetime Member.
- Corporate Membership - We invite your organization to join the prestigious ranks of AHS corporate members in the only international society dedicated to the advancement of vertical flight. Our members include airframe and engine manufactures, avionics and systems integrators, suppliers, consultants and people like you!
- Educational Members - This program was established in 1977 for academic institutions and libraries.
- PDF applications for AHS membership are also available for download:
AHS Individual Memberships (rates as of January 1, 2013)
|Regular Member||$80.00 USD|
|Regular Member Age 30 and Under||$45.00 USD|
|Retired & Over 60* or Active Military||$45.00 USD|
|Student Member**||$25.00 USD|
|VFF Scholarship Fund - Voluntary suggested contribution||$25.00 USD|
** Full-time student
|Journal Subscription Rates - Effective Jan. 1, 2016||AHS Members||Non-Members and Institutions|
|U.S. & International||U.S. & International|
|Online-Only Subscription to articles as they are uploaded (includes full access to all archives)||$65.00 USD||$630.00 USD|
|Print-Only Subscription to issues as they are printed||$80.00 USD||$365.00* USD|
|Full Subscription to issues as they are printed, plus full online access to current issues and all archives||$100.00 USD||$665.00* USD|