International Announces VIP Speakers for
73rd Annual Forum & Technology Display
Fairfax, Virginia, March 2, 2017 ― AHS International – The Vertical Flight Technical Society – today announced the line-up of VIP speakers for its 73rd Annual Forum & Technology Display on May 9-11, 2017, at the Fort Worth Convention Center, Fort Worth, Texas, USA: www.vtol.org/forum.
AHS International's Annual Forum is the world's leading international technical event on vertical flight technology. The three-day meeting includes more than 250 technical papers on every discipline from Acoustics to Unmanned Systems, as well as workshops, invited presentations and discussions by leaders in industry and government.
The Opening General Session, held on Tuesday, May 9 at 1:30 pm will feature the Forum 73 keynote address by Lt Gen Jon Davis, Deputy Commandant for Aviation, US Marine Corps.
This will be followed by the annual interactive panel of industry leaders, “Straight from the Top,” addressing the Forum theme of The Future of Vertical Flight:
- Jean-Brice Dumont, CTO/EVP Engineering, Airbus Helicopters
- Michael Thacker, EVP Technology & Innovation, Bell Helicopter
- David Koopersmith, VP/GM, Boeing Vertical Lift
- Daniele Romiti, Managing Director, Leonardo Helicopters
- Craig Kitchen, CCO, MD Helicopters
- Mark Miller, EVP Engineering, Sikorsky Aircraft, a Lockheed Martin Company
The Opening General Session will then be concluded with the 37th Annual Alexander A. Nikolsky Honorary Lectureship, “Advances in Rotorcraft Crashworthiness — Trends Leading To Improved Survivability,” by Dr. Karen Jackson, NASA Langley Research Center.
US military leaders will provide updates and insights into the latest development, procurement and upgrade plans in two sessions. A special session featuring US Navy and Marine Corps Aviation Program Manager Briefings will begin at 8:00 am on Tuesday, May 8. A special session featuring US Army Aviation Program Manager Briefings will begin at 8:00 am on Wednesday, May 9.
Special Session: US Navy/Marine Corps Program Manager Briefings
Moderated by Rear Adm. G. Dean Peters, US Navy, Program Executive Officer for Air ASW, Assault & Special Mission Programs, PEO(A)
- Col Hank Vanderborght, Program Manager, PMA-261, H-53 Heavy Lift Helicopters
- Col Robert Pridgen, Program Manager, PMA-274, Presidential Helicopters
- Col Dan Robinson, Program Manager, PMA-275, V-22 Joint Program
- Col David Walsh, Program Manager, PMA-276, USMC Light/Attack Helicopters
- CAPT Craig D. Grubb, Program Manager, PMA-299, H-60 Multi-Mission Helicopters
Special Session: US Army Aviation Program Manager Briefings
Moderated by Brig. Gen. Thomas Todd III, US Army, Program Executive Officer, Aviation
- COL Joseph Hoecherl, PM, Apache Attack Helicopter
- COL Mathew Hannah, PM, Aviation Systems
- COL Robert Barrie, PM, Cargo Helicopter
- Mr. Bob Sheibley, PM, Improved Turbine Engine/FVL
- COL Courtney Cote, PM, Unmanned Aircraft Systems
- COL William Jackson, PM, Utility Helicopters
Additional Special Sessions include the following:
- VTOL Prize Competitions, Wednesday, May 10, beginning at 1:45 pm. Moderated by Dan Newman, The Boeing Company
- Advanced VTOL Air Vehicle Design, Thursday, May 11, beginning at 8:00 am. Facilitated by Dr. D.J. Taylor, Senior Scientist, Aviation (ST), Aviation Development Directorate, US Army
- Transformative Vertical Flight for Urban Mobility, Thursday, May 11, beginning at 1:30 pm. Moderated by Mark Moore, Uber Technologies
In addition, the prestigious AHS International Awards Program will recognize the extraordinary achievements and contributions of the very best of the technical and operating communities at the 73rd Annual Grand Awards Banquet at 7:00 pm on Wednesday evening, May 10. More than two dozen awards will be presented (announcements forthcoming).
AHS International – The Vertical Flight Technical Society – has 6,000 members in more than 40 countries and is the world’s leading technical society dedicated to the advancement of vertical flight technology and its applications. More information about the AHS International 73rd Annual Forum & Technology Display is available at www.vtol.org/forum.
This press release is also available as a pdf.
AHS International — The Vertical Flight Technical Society
2701 Prosperity Ave, Suite 210, Fairfax, VA 22031 USA
phone: (703) 684-6777; toll free: 855-AHS-INTL; fax: (703) 739-9279
Send email; website: www.vtol.org