Presenting the NEW Vertiflite!
Starting this issue, Vertiflite has a new, more modern look. We hope you like it! Please send comments to the Vertiflite editor and let us know what you think. We will continue to bring you the latest news and information on the advancement of vertical flight, but now with a more dynamic layout. And of course, you can still read Vertiflite online through My-AHS or download the PDFs from the Vertical Flight Library in the AHS Online Store.
The January/February 2017 issue of Vertiflite is now available! Members can log in and read the current and back-issues of Vertiflite for free. Go to www.vtol.org/My-AHS and log in, then click on Vertiflite Online to flip through all issues since 2011. Or, you can go to the AHS Online Store — the world’s most extensive Vertical Flight Library — and download the pdf for this or any of our issues back to 1953! We have 62+ years of the world's leading vertical flight technology magazine available online — nearly 800 issues.
Browse by year or search our comprehensive index of every Vertiflite article ever. All issues are available for free download for AHS Members, no matter when you joined. Non-members can purchase pdf issues for $50 each (less for older issues). If you aren't a member, join today!
- Commentary: Defense Priorities for the New Trump Administration
- Washington Report: Federal Conference Guidelines and Capitol Hill
- Military Unmanned VTOL Round-Up
- High-Speed History Makers: Sikorsky’s X2 and Russian Helicopters’ PSV Demonstrator
- AHS HELMOT XVII: Technology for the Next Fight
- Apache Compound: A Bridge to FVL
- Boeing’s CH-47F Block 2 Begins Blade Testing
- Testbeds at Work: National Research Council of Canada
- Rockwell Collins: The House That Arthur Built
- Electric VTOL: The Demand for On-Demand Mobility
- Ukrainian Ultralights
- Rotorcraft Virtual Engineering
- F-35B: Testing the USS America and a Dozen Lightning IIs
- New Year, New Look, New AHS Benefits!
- VFF Letter from Ed Birtwell: Educating the Vertical Flight Leaders of Tomorrow
- The American Helicopter Museum: Celebrating 20 Years by Looking Back
- 5th Asian-Australia Rotorcraft Forum Success
- Leadership Profile: J. Gordon Leishman
- Book Review: Helicopter-Ship Qualification Testing (Get the book)
About the Cover
The Boeing AH-64D Apache shown here will soon be replaced by the AH-64E Apache Guardian. Will there be a follow-on to the Guardian? (Boeing photo)
Posted Dec. 21, 2016