The AHS Educational Member Program was established in 1977 to provide educational institutions with the opportunity to participate in the advancement of vertical flight technology. Educational membership in the Society offers organizations a voice and a role in the direction of vertical flight technology and, by promoting student interest, helps ensure the future of vertical flight. Educational membership dues are $250 annually and include the following benefits:
- AHS publications including Vertiflite magazine, the highly regarded AHS Journal (in print), and the Annual Forum Proceedings detailing the latest technological developments.
- Two full individual memberships: for a faculty sponsor and a student advisor
- Half-price exhibit space at the AHS Annual Forum and Technology Display. Plus, student volunteers get free registration in exchange for their services.
- Participation in AHS’s diverse Award Program.
- Opportunities to participate on AHS Technical Committees with the leading engineers, scientists and developers in industry, academia and governments.
- Local chapter meetings that are offered throughout the world.
- Unlimited networking opportunities.
- Vertical Flight Foundation (VFF) scholarships for students pursuing careers in vertical flight technology.
- A listing of your institution on the AHS Website at www.vtol.org.
- AHS will provide assistance to students seeking employment in the vertical flight industry.
- Opportunity to make presentations before local chapter meetings.
- Opportunity to participate in the AHS/Industry/Student Design Competition
- PLUS a complimentary copy of the AHS Annual Forum proceedings CD-ROM, which retails for $255.00.
The following AHS Educational Members offer diverse curriculums in the study of vertical flight:
|Organization||Joined On||Address||AHS Contact|
|Boston University||December 1997||771 Commonwealth Ave.
Boston, MA, 02215-1401 USA
|Prof. Sheryl Grace
|CBM Center at the University of South Carolina||April, 2013||300 Main St.
Columbia, SC, 29208 USA
|Dr. Abdel Bayoumi
|Cranfield University||February 2013||Bldg 115, College Rd
Cranfield, Bedfordshire, MK43 0AL UK
|Dr. Matthew Greaves
|Drexel University||December 2010||3201 Arch Street, Suite 250
Philadelphia, PA, 19720 USA
|Ms. Kathleen Neary
|Ecole de technologie superieue (ETS)||March 2013||1100 rue Notre-Dame Ouest
Montreal, QC, H3C 1K3 Canada
|Prof. Ouassima Akhrif
Phone: (514) 396-8464
|Georgia Institute of Technology||August 2005||School of Aerospace Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology
Atlanta, GA, 30332 USA
|Prof. Mark Costello
Phone: (404) 385-4303
|Gitam University||February 2013||Rudraram (Vill), Patancheru (M), Medak (Dist)
Hyderabad, AP, 502329 India
|Mr. YD Dwivedi
|Indian Institute of Science||September 1987||Dept. of Aerospace Engineering
Bangalore, Karnataka, 560012 India
|Prof. Ranjan Ganguli
|Iowa State University||April 1985||Aerospace Engineering Dept., 2271 Howe Hall Room 1200
Ames, IA, 50011-2271 USA
|Dr. R. Ganesh Rajagopalan
|Mississippi State University||April 1987||Mississippi State University Lib., P.O. Box 5408
Mississippi State, MS, 39762 USA
|Attn: Library Administrator
|National Defense Academy||January 1976||Dept. of Aerospace Engineering, 1-10-20 Hashirimizu
Yokosuka, Kanagawa, 239-8686 Japan
|Dr. Naohiro Iboshi
|Newemerical Technologies Int.||April 2013||680 Sherbrooke Street West, 7th floor
Montreal, QC, H3A 2M7 Canada
|Dr. Wagdi Habashi
|Pennsylvania State University||June 1976||Aerospace Engineering Dept., 231D Hammond Bldg.
University Park, PA, 16802 USA
|Dr. Edward Smith
|Politecnico di Milano||June 1999||Dipartimento di Ingegneria Aerospaziale Biblioteca, via La Masa 34
Milano, Milano, 20156 Italy
|Prof. Pierangelo Masarati
|Princeton University||July 1978||ACQ DIV-Periodicals, 693 Alexander Rd
Princeton, NJ, 08540 USA
|Ms. Heidi Fisher
|St. Louis University||January 2001||PIUS XII Memorial Library, Serials, PIUS XII Memorial Library, Serials
Saint Louis, MO, 63108-3302 USA
|Mr. Edgar Thomas
|Technische Universitat Munchen||April 2011||Institute for Helicopter Technology, Boltzmannstrasse 15
Garching, Bavaria, 85748 Germany
|Prof Manfred Hajek
|Texas A&M University||June 2012||Department of Aerospace Engineering, 701 H.R. Bright Building 3141 TAMU
College Station, TX, 77843-3141 USA
|Dr. Jonathan Rogers
|U.S. Army||March 1985||5th Avenue, 02-692928, Bldg. 9204
Ft. Rucker, AL, 36362 USA
|Attn: Library Services
|University of Bristol||July 1990||Queen's Library, Serials Dept., Queen's Building, University Walk
Bristol, BS8 1TR UK
|University of Colorado||November 1998||Serials Acquisitions, 1720 Pleasant St. 184 UCB
Boulder, CO, 80309-5001 USA
|Ms. Linda Helgoth
|University of Maryland||February 1978||Dept. of Aerospace Eng., 3181 Glenn L. Martin Hall
College Park, MD, 20742 USA
|Dr. Inderjit Chopra
|University of Michigan||March 2001||Dept. of Aerospace Eng., 1320 Beal Ave., 3001 FXB Bldg
Ann Arbor, MI, 48109-2140 USA
|Prof. Peretz Friedmann
|Warsaw University of Technology||January 1993||Institute of Aero. & Applied Mech.
Nowowiejska 24, Warsaw, 00-665 Poland
|Dr. Janusz Narkiewicz