Vertiflite now has a new, more modern look. We hope you like it! Please send comments to the Vertiflite editor and let us know what you think. We will continue to bring you the latest news and information on the advancement of vertical flight, but now with a more dynamic layout.
The May/June 2017 issue of Vertiflite is now available! Members can log in and read the current and back-issues of Vertiflite for free. Go to www.vtol.org/My-AHS and log in, then click on Vertiflite Online to flip through all issues since 2011. Or, you can go to the AHS Online Store — the world’s most extensive Vertical Flight Library — and download the pdf for this or any of our issues back to 1953! We have 62+ years of the world's leading vertical flight technology magazine available online — nearly 800 issues.
Browse by year or search our comprehensive index of every Vertiflite article ever. All issues are available for free download for AHS Members, no matter when you joined. Non-members can purchase pdf issues for $50 each (less for older issues). If you aren't a member, join today!
- Washington Report
- Commentary: VFF @ 50
- Industry Briefs
- FAA Proposes New Part 27 Categories
- Waiting for the Rebound: Heli-Expo 2017 Report
- Replacing the Huey
- US Army Working with NATO on DVE and Next Gen Rotorcraft
- The World Rotorcraft Market: 2017-2026
- Tiltrotor Tanker
- AW609: Coming to Fruition
- “Bell is Dreaming Big Again” — Bell Helicopter Doubles Down on Innovation
- Electric VTOL News: The Latest in eVTOL Developments
- Tern Over and Fly
- Vertical History: Farewell to the Lynx
- AHS Conference Report: 2017 Triennial Rotorcraft Handling Qualities Technical Meeting
- Book News: Practical Methods for Aircraft and Rotorcraft Flight Control Design
- Leadership Profile: James Viola, FAA
- AHS Update
Download and read the latest Vertiflite today!
About our Cover
The FCX-001 concept aircraft is expected to be just the first of many new innovations from Bell Helicopter. See page 46. (Bell graphic)